Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Feb 12, 2012 - Hospital again

Well I haven't gotten an email from the girls yet but thats ok. I'm sure they are having fun somewhere else haha
Well this week was power week... and what that means is that we don't get language study. Which means that we leave the door half an hour early. and at lunch we don't get language study. But that is ok.
Sooooo last week I told you guys about the massive headache right? Well what happens is that if i don't take the meds they gave me, the headache comes back. so that's not good. So on Thursday we went to the hospital at 9 in the morning. And we didn't leave until 1:30. super lame. They asked me if I had ever had a seizure before and obviouslyI said yes. So they made me do two tests. One was the CT scan and the other one they put this gel into my hair and hooked up all these electric wires up to my head. Then they checked my eyes for photo-sensitivity.
But the cool thing is is that the lady putting gel in my hair had interest in church. For some reason she was surprised that it was free... But anyway that was the only good thing that came from that. And while I was there the headache came back. Its weird. It's always in the same front right side of my head.
oh, one cool thing about it is that because I have the Taiwanese health insurance that everybody gets through the government, the whole thing, the ct scan, the electric cords with the gel in my hair test, and 7 days worth of meds cost about $340TB. Which is about $11.50 USD. yeah. Super cheap health care. And this week on thursday I find out the results of all the tests. And probably get more meds. sad face. So basically our "power week" was super lame week for this companionship. Some of the worst numbers I have ever had before. Except we did get 50% Recent Converts at Church. Which is really good. Last week we had 0%. So thats a good improvement. So we got a blender on tuesday from a companionship in XinYing because they had two. So Ive been making ICEE type things for the last few days out of all the stuff I can find I our fridge. So mostly chocolate and peanut butter smoothie type things.
Well what else happened this week?.... hmmmmm
Oh and pops do you know how to say Afghanistan in chinese? a1 fu4 han4 阿富汗.
Oh yeah and there is this recent convert that is so funny. She is 50ish years old and she was in the hospital on Saturday because when she was little she killed her kidneys from eating weight loss pills and she has to go every other day to filter her blood. Any way, we went to go visit her and she was so funny. She was on her schizophrenia medication and she told us she wants us to email home and see if we can find any 60-80 year old men that would be willing to be her boyfriend. She said he doesn't have to be rich, just have a good heart and she will cook for him every day. So yeah. She wants a white boyfriend. haha she is funny. And she shares the gospel with all the nurses that take care of her. So she is nice.
Well I think that that is it for this week. G2G bye bye

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters to Home

Letters from Elder Graham to Home.