Monday, April 9, 2012

March 25, 2012 - See you in 2 weeks!

Well hello family, the ones not in Hawaii,
Well this week was interesting, on Monday we went to the Zone activity and made some kind of Taiwanese food that is kinda like a Mexican taco. Kinda.



Tuesday we met with 3 investigators and had DTM, normal stuff.

Wednesday was just English class. We had 3 new people which is the highest this area has seen in over a year.
Thursday I had my warts frozen off. Ouch painfulllllllllness. And they aren't blistering as fast as last time. zao gao. Riding a bike when you have two warts on the inside of your palm is not fun. Then that night we tracted into a pretty cool family. (that was the first time I had ever been tracting ... ever) It was the first door that we knocked on. And the mom answered the door and said she was too busy but that we could talk to her sons. So we did, gave them a Book of Mormon and set up another time to meet because we had a branch meeting right then.

Friday we went with our branch president to the farther places in our area. We had a good three lessons with him.
Saturday was Saturday. nothing really happened.
Sunday we had 2 investigators at church. Then later we met with the two kids we tracted into. And their dad. Their dad is a RELIGIONS professor at a local college. Wow. and he spent 8 years in Philadelphia getting his PHD in religion studies. Which at first scared the poo out of me. But he ended up being really cool and really open and he said he would be happy if his two sons joined the church. He said they were old enough to start making their own decisions as far as religion goes. He was really interested to hear what we had to say. His main question was why would God restore his one and only true church on the American continent, not among the Jews. Like why not in Jerusalem. Or at least in the middle east where Gods chosen people are. He had some interesting views. But we had to hurry and finish that lesson because we were supposed to be teaching at a family home evening that had already started that was a half hour bike ride away. So I gave him a talk by Tad Callister from the last general conference on the Book of Mormon. So hopefully he will like that. Then I gave his kids all their own copy of For the Strength of the Youth - and he really liked that... but unfortunately I wont ever see them again. They are going on a trip to Europe for two weeks. When do I go home? two weeks. Then at the family home evening, I lost the game that they were playing so my companion told them that I should have to sing a song for loosing. So they all made me sing "I need thee every hour" in English.
So yeah that was my week.

I do miss America, but I will miss Taiwan. I can already feel myself missing it here.
Well that's all for today. Next time will be the last time you guys hear from me until the airport.

See ya in a couple weeks,

桂長老桂俊杰

Elder Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letters to Home

Letters from Elder Graham to Home.